Definition: Vertical farming is the practice of growing crops in vertically stacked layers. It often incorporates controlled-environment agriculture, which aims to optimize plant growth, and soilless farming techniques such as hydroponics, aquaponics, and aeroponics. Some common choices of structures to house vertical farming systems include buildings, shipping containers, tunnels, and abandoned mine shafts.
Our client is a very well invested Vertical Farming operation based in the West Midlands. As part of their orchestrated growth targets they are looking to source a UK Sales Manager.
Role Purpose – You will be responsible for managing all sales of this rapidly growing vertical farming business across the UK. You will be an experienced salesperson in the fresh produce sector, with a desire and drive to build and establish a national sales profile for our clients business.
Core Responsibilities to Include:
* Responsibility for national sales strategy, including oversight and control of all aspects of this
* Managing organizational sales by developing agreed targets that covers sales and associated expenses.
* Act at the principle relationship manager for key customer accounts, handling all aspects of the customer’s requirements, coordinating and working with other team members to deliver them.
* Responsible for working with internal and external legal resources to agree all aspects of sales contracts.
* Tracking sales goals and reporting results in a structured monthly cycle.
* Overseeing the activities and performance of the sales team.
* Coordinating with marketing on lead generation and promotional activity.
* Developing your sales team through motivation, training and product knowledge education.
* Promoting the organization and products, including the development of own branded products.
* Understand our ideal customers and how they relate to our products.
Core Competencies We Are Looking For:
Great customer focus:
* Meets deadlines
* Prioritises work load effectively
* Constantly seeks feedback to improve performance
* Takes ownership of issues
Teamwork and Leadership – a successful candidate will:
* Celebrates achievement
* Delegates effectively
* Develops others
* Always appears enthusiastic
* Keen to ‘system think’ tasks
Integrity and Commitment – a successful candidate will:
* Accepts responsibility for mistakes and learns from them
* Is trusted by colleagues and managers
* Challenges unethical or dishonest behaviors and attitudes
* Ensures others receive credit for what they achieve
* Is sought out by others for advice and guidance
* Goes the extra mile
What We Are Looking For:
* A number of years experience in fresh produce sales, culminating in business unit / P&L responsibility
* Experienced and comfortable in negotiation for long term high value contracts
* Comfortable in making in house decisions and communicating these effectively to colleagues whilst working alongside and reporting to management
* Demonstrated the ability to build a team from scratch
* Computer literate and able to work with the Microsoft & Google suite of programs
If you also have a broad knowledge of different leading food manufacturing operations and relevant legislation & standards as well as experience in a high growth / start-up environment would be advantageous.
This is a great role with a great and unique business. Just complete our short application via the REDFOX EXECUTIVE WEBSITE or call Caroline
- GBP 18.000 - GBP 20.000 / Jährlich
- GBP 44.000 - GBP 45.000 / Jährlich