Position at Playtime Gaming, Kelowna
Job Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming and entertainment companies in Canada. Across its 27 gaming properties in British Columbia, Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, Gateway currently employs approximately 8,648 people and boasts approximately 448 table games (including 49 poker tables), 13,887 slots, 85 restaurants and bars and 561 hotel rooms. Gateway is the service provider for the Central, Southwest and North gaming Bundles in Ontario, which includes 11 properties in their portfolio. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, dramatically improving the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. Some of Gateway's proprietary brands include Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
Use your passion for food and business to manage the front-of-house and kitchen activities and ensure the best in service and food quality.
This dynamic role calls for a proven team builder with extraordinary customer service skills, and ability to bring out the best talents of our staff members.
With excellent management skills the incumbent will lead our outstanding service team to improve customer loyalty and deliver first-rate food products.
- Directs all front of house and kitchen activities through managers and staff, including staff scheduling and the department budget.
- Ensures that all food and beverage offerings are of the highest caliber and directs and leads all opportunities to improve.
- Identifies business opportunities and oversees the development and deliverables of these efforts; coordinates food and beverage service for special events.
- Manages human resources issues, performance, recruitment, training and safety needs of the department.
- Establishes guidelines for storage and inventory levels; ensures compliance with regulations
- Maintains and promotes updated knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Assists with and/or undertakes statistical analysis as required. Monitors and processes invoices and expenditures and ensures appropriate stock levels are maintained.
What You’ll Require
- 2 to 5 years experience in restaurant management or equivalent experience
- Diploma or degree in restaurant management or an equivalent combination of education, and experience
- Serving It Right (BC)/ Proserve (Alberta) Certificate
- Provincial and / or local certifications for alcohol service and food preparation
- 2 years sales experience, preferably in food and beverage environment
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing
- Proven leadership and customer service skills
- Proven ability to develop and train employees, build relationships and utilize skills of employees most appropriately
- Demonstrated excellence in establishing a network of contacts and closing sales
- Ability to work all shifts and flexible hours
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!