Job offering with the main goal of creating technical marketing material for the Toradex group. During the internship you will learn in-deep about the Toradex products as well as how to use them, mainly in the context of Embedded Linux.
As you acquire knowledge, you will contribute to the Toradex developer website, which is the main knowledge base source for Toradex' customers, presented in a wiki format. You will also work on multimedia content for step-by-step guides as well as other technical marketing promoting material, among other functions that help to improve the internal process of maintaining and updating documentation.
Even though it is a position for marketing, it is strongly technical and by the end of the internship you will have deep knowledge of embedded Linux systems, enabling you to excel at developing embedded Linux products, applications and systems. Below is a list of topic that you are expected to learn:
• Industrial Embedded Linux systems
• ARM microprocessors technical overview
• Yocto build system
• Linux kernel basics
• Application development
• How to use hardware peripherals
• Use of containers applied to embedded systems
Position Summary: Embedded Linux Internship
Education: Computer Science / Electric / Electronics undergraduate
Functional Area: Technical Marketing and Documentation
Location Detail: Valinhos/SP - Brazil - Brazil
Travel Requirement: < 5%
Apply Link: https://careers.toradex.com/career/job/apply?code=Tx_BR_MKT_Linux_Intern_2018_09_26
Roles & Responsibilities
• Start date January-2019 - End date December-2019 (there is a possibility to extend the contract or hire the intern)
• Writing and reviewing technical articles
• Developing demo applications
• Writing technical blog posts
• Planning and executing webinars
• Multimedia content creation
• Architecture and execution of benchmarks
Desired Candidate Profile
Below are listed the mandatory and nice to have skills for the job opening. The nice to have skills may be used as tie-breaking criteria.
• Advanced English, especially writing skills
• Basic knowledge of what is an "embedded system"
Nice to Have Skills
• Linux user
• Basic knowledge and/or experience with Yocto, Buildroot and buildsystems in general
• Good programming skills in more than one programming language
• Experience with maker systems such as Raspberry Pi and Arduino