Based in Cambridgeshire
Job ref: DM/48197
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of implementing and managing quality assurance of incoming raw materials of a manufacturing plant which has dealt with multiple input commodities and are blended to create a new finished product. They will have experience of establishing new processes and enhancing existing ones to increase operational efficiencies, reduce wastage, and enhance the quality of raw materials.
This is a key role responsible for enhancing supplier quality performance, improving reporting speed and accuracy, costing analysis and overall factory performance. Expected to be flexible in your approach, you’ll drive root cause analysis and a continuous improvement mindset in all areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Inspect all incoming goods quickly and accurately to ensure quality is per contractual requirements
· Ensure accuracy of incoming goods information (weights, units, quality, commodity) and reporting
· Liaise with management, production and commercial team to establish actions required and value of non-conforming products
· Oversee the proper storage of stock in accordance with insurance, Health & Safety and production requirements
· Actively improve and manage tracking systems for stock from the moment goods arrive, through production and into finished product
· Conduct costing analysis of incoming goods through the production process
· Consider both Commercial & Operational perspectives in all decision making
· Implement and monitor KPI's for the quality processes. Recommend and implement actions where performance is not at the required standard
· Establish and maintain supplier audit and development programs, including performance metrics, source inspections and Root Cause Analysis
· Conduct supplier site visits to observe and report on quality systems and recommended improvements (UK only)
· Maintain and enhance customer service levels (collection & information speed).
· Weekly & Daily planning with Production team to maximise uptimes, throughput and minimise potential for quality contamination
· Gain a thorough understanding of customer quality requirements
· Anticipate manpower requirements and conduct employee reviews for direct reports
· Oversee weekly & monthly stock take to ensure 100% accuracy
· Proactively train (or obtain outside training) to improve the skills and knowledge of employees
· Be proactive in creating Work Instructions & Training Guides whenever necessary
· Promote a culture driven by safety, quality, customer service, planning and ownership
· Maintain and enhance Health & Safety standards via continuous improvement of existing processes, training and action plans.
Education & Related Experience:
· Experience of managing multiple raw material inputs with varying quality specs from a wide range of suppliers in a manufacturing or supply chain environment
· Experience of building quality assurance procedures and implementing from scratch (from both strategic and hands on levels)
· Experience of driving root cause corrective and preventative action with Suppliers
· Proven experience of training employees to enhance quality assurance
· Experience of developing stock management systems to improve accuracy, costing analysis and reporting
· Good working knowledge of the implementation of ISO 9001 or equivalent standard
· Experience of working with multiple polymer types an advantage, but not required
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: (phone number removed)
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas